There are 4 standard childcare options:
- Family Day Care is a professional, certified and flexible alternative to traditional centre-based childcare
- Long Day Care is sometimes referred to as centre-based care and usually takes place in a childcare centre
- Occasional Care offers care for children on a casual basis
- Outside School Hours Care provides care for primary school-aged children, before and after school, during school holidays and on pupil free days
Family Day Care
Family Day Care (FDC) is an affordable and flexible alternative to traditional centre-based childcare. It is managed by Council.
- Approximate cost: $8 to $15 per hour (eligible families can access a Child Care Benefit)
- Location: residential homes of qualified childcare educators
- Age range: 0-12 years
- Hours: based on the needs of parents, including before and after school, and weekends
Features of the service include:
- Educators who hold a Certificate III or Diploma qualifications in childcare.
- A maximum of 4 children under school age and 3 who are attending school, per household at one time.
- More than 200 educators and over 2,000 children using the service.
- Rebates are available for eligible families.
- School and kindergarten pick-ups and drop-offs are available.
FDC Educators are checked annually to ensure they meet all the requirements of the service. This allows them to continue as a registered educator.
Quality of our service
At Council, we monitor and manage the City of Casey Family Day Care service. Our service has been assessed and rated as 'exceeding', by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA). Our educators follow the National Quality Framework and implement a program to support the development of all children.
How to enrol
Find out more about Family Day Care and how to enrol your child.
Other childcare options
You can search the MyChild website to find other childcare services in your area.
Last Updated : 5 months ago